Try our Thai green chicken curry recipe, with a deliciously fresh and fragrant sauce. We show you how to make your own curry paste from scratch.
Bish, bash, bosh!
Don't you just love delicious food quickly?
Making a flavoursome curry is all about getting the Thai Green Curry paste right.
Instead of turning to a jar on the supermarket shelf, it's easy to make your own, and you need to put in minimal effort.
Don't reach for the takeout menu or click to Deliveroo; this dish can be ready in less than 30 minutes which is a lot less than a takeaway and perfect for a mid-week dinner.
For the full list of ingredients and printable instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. But, before you scroll straight there, take a look at the more detailed "how to" just below.
Thai Green Curry is a classic and probably the most well-known Thai dish around.
Our chicken Thai Green Curry is light, fresh and fragrant, with a creamy, and aromatic sauce.
However, to get the curry right - it's all about the paste.
You won't believe how easy it is to make.
Thai Green Curry paste
This post contains affiliate links. Find out what this means.
You need to have a few different ingredients - and this is what makes your green curry green.
The fresh coriander and the leaves are green and give the curry that instantly recognisable colour.
You don't need to make the paste in the minutes leading up to dinner time.
Homemade Thai curry paste is okay to be made in advance, and it will keep in the fridge for up to a week, or you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
WANNA SAVE MORE MONEY ON YOUR SUPERMARKET FOOD BILL?
Come and join our Facebook community, Reduce Your Supermarket Spend.
Come and join thousands of people who share their best tips and real-life ideas to keep your costs down.
This is now the biggest supermarket community on Facebook!
Thai Green Curry
- thumb sized piece fresh ginger peeled
- 2 stalks lemon grass hard end chopped off
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 lime leaves
- 3 shallots peeled
- 3 chillies deseeded
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets cut into cubes
- 150 g mushrooms
- 400 g tin of coconut milk
- 150 g mangetout
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 lime
- Put the ginger in the food processor, along with the lemon grass garlic, lime leaves, shallots, chillies, coriander, nutmeg and cumin to the food processor and blend. Add 2-3 teaspoons of water, if necessary, to make a smooth paste. Set to one side.
Make the curry
- Heat a non-stick pan your oil, then add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes on a high heat until cooked through.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the Thai green paste, stir through and add coconut milk, mange tout, fish sauce and squeeze the lime into the sauce. Cook for a further 5 minutes.