Waste no time cooking a delicious fakeaway with this 2 ingredient pizza dough! Costs 32p to make!
Add any topping of your choice, and you can have a pizza on the table in around 30 minutes.
My kids love pizza, but making one from scratch takes so long, and they get bored waiting. To save time and save having to get yeast in, this two ingredient pizza dough will change up dinner time.
As well as all that, you'll make low-calorie pizza crust so that you won't have any guilt!
What you need for two ingredient pizza dough
This Greek pizza dough recipe gives itself away in the name.
You need just two ingredients: Greek Yogurt and self-raising flour.
Full fat and no-fat Greek yogurt work in the same way.
Take a look at this YouTube video for a full walkthrough of how to make 2 ingredient dough pizza, or keep reading for the instructions below.
You will need equal measurements of both ingredients for the dough plus extra flour to help with kneading and rolling.
For a regular sized pizza (we normally get 8 slices from it), I use 200g. If you don't have scales, you just need to make sure that there are even amounts of both.
Start by adding the ingredients to a bowl and stir them together until a dough starts to form.
Then, turn out onto a floured surface and knead by hand for around 5 minutes to get a smooth dough.
If you find the pizza dough is too sticky, just add a little more flour to your dough. This happens to me from time to time, and it depends on wet the yogurt is.
You don't need to prove this dough - all that time saved! - so you can start to roll out your Greek yogurt pizza dough into a pizza shape.
Add the pizza base to a baking tray before you add any pizza toppings.
Decorate with a tomato, BBQ or your favourite sauce, then add the toppings of your choice.
Bake in the centre of a pre-heated hot oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the pizza starts to brown around the edges. We bake our pizza at around 200ºC (fan assisted).
Not sure the temperature for your cooker? Use this Oven Temperature Conversion Chart.
Don't want pizza? You can do so much more
Although we've shown you how to make Greek Yogurt pizza dough, you can use the same ingredients as a base for loads of other dough-based foods.
Use the dough to make:
- Stuffed crust pizza - add cheese into the sides and roll the pizza over
- Garlic bread - use garlic butter instead of pizza toppings
- Naan bread - ok, not authentic, but quick and easy
- Bread rolls - shape into rolls and bake for slightly longer
- Cinnamon rolls - for a sweet treat
You could also add herbs or garlic powder into your dough to spice things up.
Vegan 2 ingredient pizza dough
If you want to go vegan, you can easily switch up using Greek yogurt.
Coconut yoghurt works as an alternative for a dairy-free recipe.
Any type of plain yoghurt (whether vegan or not) does not work, and I've always struggled to form a dough ball.
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough
- 200 g Greek yogurt 24p
- 200 g self-raising flour 8p
- Add the ingredients to a bowl and stir them together until a dough starts to form.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead by hand for around 5 minutes to get a smooth dough.
- Once smooth, roll out into a pizza shape.
- Add the pizza base to a baking tray and cover with your favourite sauce and toppings.
- Bake in the centre of a pre-heated hot oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the pizza starts to brown around the edges.