This creamy Chicken and Bacon Pie will satisfy your whole families tummies. No one will leave the table hungry - it's a guaranteed win!
This is a super-tasty, waring pie that'll want you having seconds!
For the full list of ingredients and printable instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. But, before you scroll straight there, take a look at the more detailed "how to" just below.
Firstly, you need to start cooking the chopped onions and bacon.
Once they've softened, add the chicken and cook until its browned.
This post contains affiliate links. Find out what this means.
Then, add in all other other pie filling ingredients and simmer until the sauce thickens.
You don't need to add any salt as the bacon naturally seasons the sauce.
Add it all into an oven proof dish ready to make the pie.
Place the pastry on top of the chicken and bacon filling and brush the top with egg.
This will give the pastry a golden brown glow one it's been cooked.
We find a silicon pastry brush works better than a traditional bristle brush as it's easier to keep clean. The Bristles start to come out after using it a few times. The silicone brush is far more hard wearing.
WANNA SAVE MORE MONEY ON YOUR SUPERMARKET FOOD BILL?
Come and join our Facebook community, Reduce Your Supermarket Spend.
Come and join thousands of people who share their best tips and real-life ideas to keep your costs down.
This is now the biggest supermarket community on Facebook!
Chicken and Bacon Pie
- 1 onion chopped
- 450 g chicken chopped
- 4 bacon rashers
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed with a little water
- 1 ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg for glazing
- Sautee onion then add bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken until fully cooked. Add the chicken stock, crème fraiche, corn flour with water and pepper.
- Simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Pour into your pie tray/ceramic dish and leave to cool for 10 -15 minutes
- Place the puff pastry over the top, pushing the sides down. Glaze the top of the pastry with your beaten egg to make it nice and golden brown. Pierce a few air holes on the top of the pastry to allow it to breathe.
- Bake in the over 190 - 200 c for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.